Your regular peanut butter and jam sandwiches just got glorified…..into the most amazingly delicious Peanut Butter and Jam Cookies. These cookies are so addictive that you can forget about storage life or storing it in the cookie tin, because it is guaranteed to disappear off the cooling rack as it comes out of the oven and is sandwiched with jam.
These cookies are so simple to prepare, taking just about 10 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to bake. Just sandwich together with the jam you prefer and serve with milk and honey, coffee or tea.
Making the Peanut Butter and Jam Cookies
Start making your Peanut Butter and Jam Biscuits by beating together 227g of unsweetened peanut butter with 75g of margarine. Beat this mixture until it is smooth and creamy. Add in 90g / ½ cup castor sugar and ¼ cup of light brown sugar. Remember if you are using peanut butter with added sugar, then cut down the castor sugar to 45g / ¼cup. Add buttermilk or plain yoghurt and blend well.
Next sift in 150g / 1¼ cups of cake or all-purpose flour and 5ml of baking powder. Mix altogether to form a stiff dough. Roll the dough int walnut size balls. Place on a greased and lined baking pan. Press down with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes in a preheated oven of 180°C. The cookies should be baked but not browned. Dont worry if the cookies are still soft when you remove them from the oven, they will firm up as they cool. Sandwich with strawberry jam or which ever jam you prefer. You could also just eat or serve them without the jam….it is really delicious.
- 227g unsweetened peanut butter
- 75g of margarine.
- 90g / ½ cup castor sugar
- 50g / ¼ cup of light brown sugar.
- 60ml / ¼ cup of buttermilk / plain yoghurt
- 150g / 1¼ cups of cake or all purpose flour
- 5ml of baking powder.
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C
- Beat unsweetened peanut butter with margarine.
- Beat this mixture until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add in castor sugar and light brown sugar
- Add buttermilk and blend well.
- Next sift in cake or all purpose flour and baking powder. Mix altogether to form a stiff dough. Roll the dough int walnut size balls.
- Place on a greased and lined baking pan. Press down with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a preheated oven of 180°C