Impress mum with these Eggless Chocolate Mousse Mint Pots. They are super simple, super delicious and best of all, I got you covered if you don’t know how to use the oven…… this is a NO BAKE dessert.
I think that home-made gifts are the best…they are made from the heart with effort and love….they are unique and well thought of, so being a mum of two boys myself…men now actually I have always appreciated, loved and cherished (and kept) every card, or gift that they have made for me. So make a homemade treat for your mum or someone special in your life, something that they will always remember and cherish.
These Eggless Chocolate Mousse Mint Pots is a treat guaranteed to always be remembered. It is mousse that is whipped and piped or spooned into a bowl or plastic potting pot…did I say that right, plastic potting pot, you know what I mean right? Use clean pot that resembles a container which you plant herbs in. Just use your imagination, but most of all have fun
Making the Eggless Chocolate Mousse Mint Pots
This is one of the quickest dessert or treat , I have ever made and I including those who have tasted it always, always love it. It takes about 5 minutes to whip up and about 30 minutes to set in the fridge. I mean can it get any easier …or better? I have also grated a bit of mint chocolate into the mousse. Just make sure that you pipe or spoon the mousse into the container you are going to serve it in straight after whipping it. If you don’t it gets a bit messy to put into the serving container and will be a bit lumpy. Then keep it in the fridge for about half an hour to set . Just before serving, crush a few biscuits/cookies and sprinkle over the set mousse. Here I used both the chocolate and vanilla flavored Oreo biscuits to give the” sand” a more gravel/pebble like look. Cut a fresh sprig of mint and stick it into the mousse to resemble a potted mint plant. Adorable beyond words, don’t you think.
So lets get to the recipe and just remember to have fun and enjoy ♥ To all the Mums, have a great, relaxing Mothers Day. You deserve it ♥
- 250ml whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons instant chocolate pudding OR Chocolate Fudge Instant Pudding Mix (dry)
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons mint chocolate grated ( optional)
- 4 x Oreo biscuits crushed
- Sprigs of fresh mint
- Make the mousse by whipping together the cream, icing sugar and instant pudding
- Grate in the mint chocolate.
- Either pipe or spoon the whipped mixture into individual pots / containers.
- Set in the fridge for about 30-60 minutes.
- Crumble Oreo biscuits by placing in a ziplock bag and crushing with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle over the set mousse and place a sprig of fresh mint into the mousse.
- Serve cold.