How cute are these No Bake Chocolate Mousse Cups? And so simple to prepare. It makes a great quick to prepare dessert, party treat or even a cute little gift.
This is my lazy day ‘go-to’ dessert because it is so effortless to make that you can even get the kids involved in helping to prepare it.
Decorate and spruce it up as you like. Make it as fancy or simple as you like.
The cups are just melted chocolate brushed into paper cases, left to dry for 10 minutes, brushed again, left to dry for another 10 minutes and then filled with chocolate mousse. Or you could use strawberry mousse or sweetened whipped cream. I just used chocolate, because… well I just love anything and everything chocolate.
No Bake Chocolate Mousse Cups are made by…
Melting 200g of chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler. You can use a regular slab of chocolate or baking chocolate, it can be dark or white, just use which ever you prefer and love.
Whenever you melt chocolate, make sure that the container and utensils you are using is dry. If any water comes into contact with the chocolate, it causes it to seize and you will not be able to use it.
Check and stir the chocolate every 20 seconds, if you are using the microwave. If you are using a Double Boiler which is when you place your bowl of chocolate pieces over a pot of simmering water, just ensure that the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
After you have melted your chocolate, use a Pastry Brush to coat about ½ a teaspoon of chocolate along the inside of the paper cup. Allow it to dry for 10 minutes in the fridge. Remove from the fridge, brush, again, covering all the white spaces,and place in the fridge again for another 10 minutes. Remove from the fridge. Carefully remove the paper cases from the chocolate cups and fill with the mousse.
To make the mousse, just whip 250 ml cream, 2 Tablespoons of instant chocolate pudding and 1/2 cups of icing sugar together. Pipe into the chocolate cups and decorate as you like.
If you do not have instant pudding,you could just add a tablespoon of cocoa powder to the whipping cream instead.
Keep the chocolate cups in the fridge until you are ready to serve it. That is it a simple and beautiful dessert made in 20 minutes.
So what do you think ? Will you be making No Bake Chocolate Mousse Cups for dessert tonight? ?
- 200 g chocolate
- 250ml whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons instant chocolate pudding
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- cherries, strawberries or any preferred topping
- Melt the chocolate in a dry container in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds.
- Brush about ½ a teaspoon of the melted chocolate along the inside of the paper cases.
- Place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and brush again, making sure to cover any empty or white spaces.
- Place in the fridge again for another 10 minutes.
- Make the mousse by whipping together the cream, icing sugar and instant pudding and fill into a piping bag.
- Remove the cups from the fridge after 10 minutes and carefully remove the paper cases from the chocolate cups.
- Pipe the mousse into the cups.
- Decorate with topping and keep in the fridge until serving.