Folded in a mixture of cream, butter and herbs, makes this Spicy and creamy baked potatoes a truly delectable dish. It is a really rich to eat on its own, so try to prepare it as a side dish. I usually cook it as a side dish with a tomato chutney and yeast free naan bread . I want to warn you though, if you are making this as one of your side dishes, it will be the first to be polished off… so make lots
The creamy texture of the baked potatoes is such an addictive taste and the amazing thing about this dish is really how simple it is to prepare.
The almost silky textured sauce has fresh cream as the main ingredient. Any type of cream can be used in this recipe, by that I mean that you can use double cream or regular whipping cream. Fresh sprigs of rosemary or mixed herbs are sautéed in butter with freshly ground black pepper. Turmeric Powder is added to give the potatoes a golden colour. The cream and milk are added and whisked to a smooth sauce.
To cut down on the baking time, boil the potatoes in salted water, until they are cooked but firm. Then remove from the heat and strain out the water.
Creamy baked potatoes is absolutely delicious served with Garlic butter naan
- 4 medium sized potatoes, sliced into disks
- 15ml margarine
- 375ml fresh cream
- ½ teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika or cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs or 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon crushed garlic flakes
- ½ cup / 125ml milk
- Slice potatoes into ¼ inch disks. Boil in lightly salted water until they are cooked but firm. Remove and drain.
- Melt the margarine on medium heat.
- Add herbs and crushed chilli flakes and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the cream and milk. Add the tumeric and paprika and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Layer the cooked potatoes in a shallow casserole dish and pour the cream sauce over it.
- Sprinkle the top with extra chilli flakes and bake in a preheated180°C oven for about 20 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Garnish with parsley or cilantro and serve.